Surviving Wildfire, the book
Author and researcher Linda Masterson knows what it’s like to flee a wall of flames in the middle of night, with just minutes to escape with her life and very little else. Her home in northern Colorado burned to the ground in 2011. Now she’s sifted through information, resources and expert advice from across the country to put together a practical handbook and personal pocket guide for homeowners who want to be better prepared if disaster strikes.
"...Surviving Wildfire is worthy of the highest recommendation, especially for anyone who lives in or near fire-prone lands; reading it could literally save lives."
Small Press Bookwatch
BOOK - Overview of Contents
- Assessing Your Risk
- Firewise Building and Remodeling
- Defensible Space You Can Live With
- Advance Planning: A Pound of Prevention Can Save a Ton of Trouble
- Evacuation Essentials: What to Take, When to Leave, How to Escape
- Insurance: How Much You Need, What It Covers, How It Works
- Filing a Claim: Insider Tips and Tactics
- Recovery: Picking Up Your Pieces and Starting Over