Homeowners Associations and community leaders are searching for ways to convince people that making homes and communities more defensible isn't an option, it's a necessity, whether they live way out in the WUI (Wildland Urban Interface) or close to town. Surviving Wildfire's combination of in-depth research, real-life examples and firsthand experience will help motivate homeowners living with wildfire risk to take action now.
Practical Information, Life-Saving Tips and Advice from Experts:
- Assessing Your Risk
- Firewise Building & Remodeling
- Defensible Space You Can Live With
- Advance Planning: A Pound of Prevention Can Save a Ton of Trouble
- Evacuation Essentials: What to Take, When to Leave, How to Escape
- Insurance: How Much You Need, What It Covers, How It Works
- Filing a Claim: Insider Tips & Tactics
- Recovery: Picking Up Your Pieces & Starting Over
"Surviving Wildfire is a must-read for people who are considering moving to the WUI and also those who are already living in their dream homes. Small but power packed, this book gives vital information. I highly recommend this book to Homeowner Associations, communities, developers, and anyone else who lives or works in the WUI."
Helen McGranahan, Firewise Board Chair
Silver Star Subdivision, Custer, South Dakota
Ready to order?
We offer wholesale pricing on the book, pocket guide and reference cards.