Fire districts and managers everywhere are struggling to find ways to reach out to their communities and convince people that making their homes and communities more defensible isn't an option, it's a necessity, whether they live way out in the WUI (Wildland Urban Interface) or close to town. Surviving Wildfire's combination of in-depth research, real-life examples and firsthand experience will help motivate homeowners living with wildfire risk to take action now.
Surviving Wildfire has practical information, life-saving tips and advice from experts:
- Assessing Your Risk
- Firewise Building & Remodeling
- Defensible Space You Can Live With
- Advance Planning: A Pound of Prevention Can Save a Ton of Trouble
- Evacuation Essentials: What to Take, When to Leave, How to Escape
- Insurance: How Much You Need, What It Covers, How It Works
- Filing a Claim: Insider Tips & Tactics
- Recovery: Picking Up Your Pieces & Starting Over
"The fire research and preparedness information in this book is spot-on, and after 39 years of experience, I found the chapters on insurance and recovery real eye-openers. Surviving Wildfire gets through to people in ways that officials just cannot. I'm recommending it to everyone in our district."
Carl Solley, Fire Chief
Poudre Canyon Fire Protection District
"This is one of the best resources I've seen on wildfire preparedness. It delivers all the messages we're trying to get to home owners in ways they can understand and relate to. I wish everyone in the WUI would read this book and put the pocket guide on their refrigerator."
Dave Parmley, Fire Chief
Lake Dillon Fire Protection District, Summit County, Colorado
Ready to order?
We offer wholesale pricing on the book, pocket guide and reference cards.